National Geographic Pocket Guide to Rocks & Minerals of North America
This basic beginner's field guide to North American geology helps anyone identify common rocks, minerals, gems, fossils, and land formations. In a logical, user-friendly, highly visual format, this new title--one of an expanding collection of National Geographic pocket guides--offers key facts about dozens of rocks and minerals, how to hunt and identify them, where and how to go looking. The book also pictures and explains the fossils most likely to be found and the fundamental land and rock formations in the North American landscape. With 160 entries, formatted with clear language, key identification points, carefully chosen photographs, and expertly drafted illustrations, this guide is the perfect starting point for anyone, young or old, interested in the study of rocks and geology.
- Identify rocks, minerals, gems, fossils, and the land formations
- Helps you hunt for rocks, minerals, and fossils
- Contains 160 different entries
- Clear language and identification points
- Useful photographs and illustrations